At Petland Gallipolis we love all of our pets and yours as well. We believe that your pet’s nutrition is the single most important aspect of care that you can provide for your pet to live a healthy and happy life.
Feeding a high quality diet is one of the most important things you, as an animal owner, can do to keep your animal healthy and live a long and active life. But what constitutes a high quality food and how can you tell if your animal is receiving the nutrition they need to thrive?
Animals require certain levels of nutrients in their diet to maintain health. If the nutrient “balance” is not correct, your animal will not thrive. Nutrients in the diet are supplied by the ingredients that make up your pet’s nutritional intake. No one specific ingredient can provide complete and balanced nutrition for your animal, therefore each ingredient in your animal’s diet brings a set of nutrients to the diet and added together these ingredients provide a complete and balanced nutrient profile. Because each ingredient is necessary to balance the diet, no one ingredient is any more important than any other.
A high quality diet is one that is complete, balanced and contains all of the nutrients necessary to support your animal’s body functions. There are six nutrient groups that are important for all animals, which are proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and water.
- Proteins: Proteins perform many functions and are important for growth, maintenance, reproduction, and repair of damaged tissues.
- Fats: Fats are an important energy source for your animal but are also required for various bodily functions. Fatty acids are particularly important for your animal’s health – particularly for the skin and a coat.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are another important source of energy for your animal. Carbohydrates also help to keep the intestinal tract healthy. Additionally, carbohydrates present in food can provide a valuable source of fiber and energy, sparing the protein in the diet for more important bodily functions.
- Vitamins: Vitamins are required in small amounts as stimulants for necessary chemical reactions that occur within your animal’s tissues and cells.
- Minerals: Minerals are inorganic substances that are the forming parts of your animal’s bones and teeth as well as many other metabolic functions.
- Water: While all foods provide some water as a content of their recipe, having a source of separate clean, fresh water is a critical nutrient for your animal’s ongoing health.
Petland Gallipolis is your local Pet Supply Superstore for all your pets’ nutritional needs. We have one of the largest selections of dog foods including grain-free, gluten-free, holistic, and USA made dog foods. If your dog has health issues and needs special food we have a large variety of LID and multiple ingredient mixtures to suit your needs.
Feeding our pets a good nutrition-filled diet is one of the most important things we can do to promote a long and healthy life. Food plays a factor in many aspects of your dogs life and Petland Gallipolis is here to help you feed your pet as best as possible. Petland Gallipolis has many brands and types of food to choose from. Below is a list of the brands we carry and in those brands we have many flavors you can choose from.
Brands We Carry…